[Harmony-users] CLA for the project which is managed by individual.

Stan Senotrusov stan at senotrusov.com
Mon Apr 25 00:20:47 UTC 2016

Hello!

I am trying to employ a harmony-based CLA for the project which is managed
by individual person.

That way, contributors will license their work not to the legal entity be
it a company or foundation but to the individual person behind the project.

In the beginning of the template, there is a line: "Thank you for your
interest in contributing to [PROJECT_NAME] ("We" or "Us").</p>"

Suppose I form it like: "Thank you for your interest in contributing to
software projects managed by John Doe ("We" or "Us")."

I have an impression that "by John Doe ("We" or "Us")" sounds unusual, like
royal we or editorial we.

Perhaps there are better ways to make that sentence?

One option is to have PROJECT_NAME with just the project name ("AAA
Project") but maybe the natural/juridical person name strictly must be the
part of "We" or "Us" definition in the beginning of the document? Or it is
sufficient to state the name in the end of the document, along with the
sign, as there are "name, title and address" form in there?

Thank you!

--
Stan Senotrusov
stan at senotrusov.com