[Harmony-users] moral rights

Andreas Fabri andreas.fabri at geometryfactory.com
Thu Jan 10 21:43:19 UTC 2013

we discuss the usage of the CLA for an open source project.

Concerning the patent license clause we got the feedback
from a potential contributor on the waiving of moral rights.

Does "You waive" in the clause

   If moral rights apply to the Contribution, to the maximum extent
   permitted by law, You waive and agree not to assert such moral rights
   against Us or our successors in interest, or any of our licensees,
   either direct or indirect.

mean that the contributors name might get removed as copyright holder or
author from the contributed file?

Or does "to the maximum extent permitted by law" guarantee that
as French and German Law do not allow to remove the authorship,
the contributors name must stay in the file.

Thanks in advance,

Andreas

--
Andreas Fabri, PhD
Chief Officer, GeometryFactory

phone: +33.492.954.912    skype: andreas.fabri