[Harmony-Drafting] copyleft outbound licensing

Carlo Piana carlo at piana.eu
Tue Jun 28 17:38:30 UTC 2011

I am pretty much in favour of it. Clarity is always preferable, and
clearly FSF only recommends its own copyleft licenses, and by all means
cannot encourage -- nay, not discourage -- any strong copyleft which is
not the GNU GPL for the simple reason that it would implicitly be
incompatible with its own or consent to derogate from the provisions of
the same, let alone towards recessive licenses. This  is clear to all
experts in the field, but could be less obvious to the less literate
users of the document, so better be clear that "option 4" is for what it is.

Sorry for the slight deviation, I also wanted to set the record straight
as per the "GPL centrism" of the FSF*.

Cheers

Carlo