[Harmony-Drafting] copyleft outbound licensing

Dennis E. Hamilton himself at orcmid.com
Wed Jun 22 19:59:56 UTC 2011

I think the concern boils down to reciprocal licenses being mutually compatible.  The LGPL3 includes the GPL by reference but it applies to a specific usage situation.  Licenses like the Mozilla Public License are reciprocal, but not compatible with the GPL or the LGPL3, and that leads projects to have to dual license (or more), and ask for that permission in their inbound licensing.

The share-alikeness of these licenses is only for the same license regime, not all reciprocal regimes.  And they don't all treat patents the same if they address patents at all.

 - Dennis