[Harmony-Drafting] 1.0 launch on Monday
allison at lohutok.net
Fri Jul 1 11:33:44 UTC 2011
We're coming up on the scheduled 1.0 launch on Monday, July 4th. The
remaining changes under discussion during/after the last call are:
- License for the website and agreements: Based on the discussion, I'm
incorporating CC-BY for everything into the website text. Will pass
pages around for review before launch.
- The generated agreement PDFs from the website will put the project's
name in the agreement title (e.g. "FooBar Individual Contributor License
Agreement"), with the Harmony name in a footer.
- Agreement not to sue contributor: General agreement seems to be that
the existing warranties and disclaimers are sufficient (they waive the
contributor's liability as far as legally possible), and that it's not
worth repeating them in a different wording.
- Patent license language: I'll integrate the draft revised language
from the 6/22 post, unless I hear otherwise.
- Whether or how to include a "copyleft" outbound license option: I
don't have a sense of consensus from the group. My impression, though,
is that the group members who are most closely related to the FSF are
also most in favor of the "FSF Recommended copyleft licenses" phrasing.
For the sake of inclusiveness (representing a diversity of philosophies
within our agreement templates), I'm inclined to go with that wording.
The broad array of other possible subsets of copyleft licenses can be
represented as a specific list of licenses in Option Two.
Any thoughts, comments, questions, or reservations on these discussion
More information about the Harmony-Drafting